In this blog, I wanted to share a recipe for a Grilled Shrimp & Vegetable Medley. It is a recipe for summer, as it is easy to make on the grill and has some healthy ingredients that are good for you. It is also one of the recipes I included in my new book, Wholey Cow A Simple Guide To Eating And Living, which is available on Amazon. Give it a try for one of your summer barbecues if you would like. It is delicious!
Grilled Shrimp & Vegetable Medley
- 1 medium sized red onion sliced into pieces
- 1 container large fresh mushrooms (cut into halves, or thirds)
- 1 yellow pepper, or another variety cut in slices
- 2 medium vine-on tomatoes (sliced into pieces)
- 1 large handful Power Green Mix
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Soy Sauce or use coconut amino’s
- Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste
- 1 medium size bag large frozen shrimp
- 1 cup cooked Basamati or Jasmine rice
Add the onion, mushrooms, and pepper slices to a grill pan. Cook on medium heat, until the vegetables begin to get soft. Feel free to add any other vegetables you like to the mix, such as kale, or snap peas to provide some other vital nutrients to your diet and make it a healthier.
Baste the vegetables with some of the balsamic vinaigrette, soy sauce, and a little Louisiana Hot Sauce (add this to taste) and stir the vegetable medley. I just sprinkled some of each on the top of the vegetables and tossed the mix. When the vegetables are tender, add in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp becomes pinkish, about 10 minutes, or so.
Continue to baste the mix and sprinkle with the the balsamic vinaigrette, soy sauce, and some Louisiana Hot Sauce. When the shrimp is done, add the tomatoes and Power Greens to warm.
Serve warm over rice, or alone if you prefer.