In this blog, I wanted to share a recipe for some healthy Mediterranean Chicken & Vegetable Salad that I made over the weekend. It is easy to make and includes some greens, nutrient dense vegetables and protein that your body needs and craves. It is also quite tasty. Give it a try if you like.
Recipe: Healthy Mediterranean Chicken And Vegetable Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
- Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 package bagged spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped black olives
- 3/4 cup feta crumbles or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Pita bread, wrap, or corn chips for serving
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Coat the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil. Add the cut up chicken. Season with Cajun seasoning, or another favorite seasoning to taste. Saute the chicken breast in the oil, until browned and slightly crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the vegetable and dill. Mix together and then add in the chicken. In separate smaller bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Stir until well blended and then pour over the vegetable and chicken mix, stirring until the vegetables are coated.
Serve alone, or in a wrap, pita bread, or with Tostito chips. Top with the feta, or Parmesan cheese.
P.S. If you are interested in other healthy recipes, as well as finding out more about living a healthy life-style, you might want to check out my new book, “Wholey Cow a Simple Guide To Eating And Living,” which is available on Amazon.