In this blog, I wanted to share a recipe for some flatbread pizza I made the other day. It is easy to make, includes some healthful ingredients and is quite tasty. Give it a try if you want.
Easy Vegetable and Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 1 package Stonefire Tandoor Baked Naan or similar flatbread
Note: (Gluten free flatbread can also be used.)
- 1 jar pizza sauce (I used an organic brand, but use what brand you like.)
- Handful of spinach
- 1 small purple onion (sliced)
- 1 medium size fresh tomato (sliced)
- 1-2 chicken breasts (cut in chunks, or cubes)
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 small can black olives (2.25 oz.)
- Basil seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 small package shredded Mozzarella cheese or other favorite variety. (I usually buy a block of cheese and shred it myself.)
In a large frying pan coated with olive oil, saute the chicken and add the Cajun seasoning. Pour the mix in a bowl, when thoroughly cooked. Using the same pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Pat off any excess grease and cut the bacon into small pieces in the same bowl as the chicken. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the 2 flatbread crusts on to the parchment paper. Spoon the pizza sauce over the flatbread. (I only used enough sauce to cover the flatbread, but add as much as you like.) Place the spinach on top of the flatbread to cover the crust. Next spoon the chicken, bacon mix on top. Season the mix with the basil and garlic seasonings. Add the shredded cheese over the top. Add the black olives and then the sliced onion.
Note: Feel free to add any other vegetables or other healthy ingredients you like and make it your own!
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Add the sliced tomatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Let cool a bit and then serve warm alone, or add a fresh garden salad.